Friday, July 18, 2008

End of the Week

Still rambling because it's been one of those weeks.... work has gotten to be very annoying. But I'm not going to spend a lot of time bitching about it, won't change anything.  Let's just say that it's time for my boss to retire....she's never been totally connected to the real world and the disconnect is getting greater with each passing year.  And she's showing signs of aging illness - she doesn't remember stuff and that means she has a tendency to be annoying to someone like me, who has a really good memory - I don't need her to nag me about stuff, I know my job, I know what needs to get done when.  She's always been a micromanager but its getting worse and worse.  I've tried to get it through to her that the constant "have you done this, what about that" conveys a sense of distrust but she has no self discipline, no ability to stop herself from doing it.  'nuff said.

Trained at Hains Point Tuesday.  That was fun.  Liked the efforts and Chicken and Goat were good for my mental state as they both reminded me that I'm plenty strong enough to stick in any race.  Goat kept raving about what a steady wheel I am.  They sat on my wheel for a couple of my efforts.  Goat sprinted at the endof one,  professing that she couldn't waste a lead out like that.  I cited old school... It was a Giovanni Lombardi effort on my part.

Officiated Greenbelt on Wednesday.  The C race was the biggest they've ever had with 39 starters.  The B and A races where challenging in that once the A race passed the B race, they didn't open up much of a gap.  In the end we had to prime them a couple of times in a row just to open enough space for the Bs to have a finish sprint that wouldn't run them into the back of the As.  Never could prime the Bs because of their proximity to the As.  Like having Sarnacki as my 2nd official there - he's a nice guy and relaxed about it all, which is as it should be at Greenbelt.

Thursday it was back to post-work training.  An unexpected rain storm delayed that ... I spent more than 30 minutes sitting in the car waiting for it to clear up.  Met a guy named Rick from NCVC who had flatted on his way over from Arlington, eventually gave him my spare tube as his patch didn't seem to be holding.  The efforts didn't work out quite as planned but I got some good work in.  Then I caught up with Diane who was doing essentially big gear spinups.  So I did a couple of those with her.  First one I did on 53x13 and second I did 53x12.  It was fun.

Bunny Hop should be fun on Sunday.  I haven't raced it in a couple of years because Mahler in Philadelphia takes priority.  But this year no conflicts so I'll race twice and see if I can manage to have at least one decent race.  Still debating about the long drive and expense (hotel!) of PLT #2...maybe, we'll see...probably would be good for me to do it as it's a couple weeks before Church Creek and if I don't it will have been over a month since I've done a competitive TT.  

I want to cast around and see if I can find 2 women who are somewhat close to me in power and TTing skill to team up and do the 3 person team time trial at Church Creek.  I think it would be fun to do.  Of course I'll be tired from doing the ITT but so what...it'll only be 1/3 of the work for the ITT, right?


No comments: